Recent Mold Remediation Posts
SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita Are Experts at Attic and Crawlspace Mold Remediation
In this Wichita crawlspace mold was seen growing throughout the floor joists and the sub-floor.
When there is a problem in your bedroom or living room it gets noticed immediately and action is taken to fix it. People typically do not hang out in their attics or crawlspaces so when a pinhole leak, structural leak, or anything else goes wrong it often goes on for a long time before being discovered. That is why in our experience it is crawlspaces and attics where we find some of the worst mold growth and other restoration losses during our inspections in Wichita, KS.
Crawlspaces and attics are not pleasant to be in even when they are clean. Most of the time when we get called to inspect those areas they are not in their best condition. Whether there are concerns about mold growth, flooding, or even bad odors our inspections are always free to homeowners in Wichita and the surrounding areas. When we inspect attics and crawlspaces we use our equipment and expertise to determine what the source of a loss is, what the scope of the loss is, what needs to be done to fix it and how much that all costs.
Our highly trained technicians and inspectors know what it takes to handle restoration and remediation projects in your family room and in your attics or crawlspaces. So when you call SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita you can be confident that we know how to take care of your home and family.
All the work we do is guided by the industry standard S-520 from the IICRC which is the organization which sets the standards and certifications for the inspection, cleaning, restoration and installation industries. Not only that but we have been working with Wichita homeowners to remediate and clean mold in their crawlspaces and attics for 19 years. We opened in 2001 and have been an IICRC certified firm from the very beginning.
So if you are concerned about microbial growth up in attic or mold growth in the crawlspace or anything else please give us a call for a free inspection today at 316-684-6700.
SERVPRO Cleans Up and Remediates Mold Growth in the Wichita Area.
This Wichita home had mold growth on the outside of its drywall. Upon removing the drywall much more was growing on the inside and on the framing.
SERVPRO Technicians are trained to find mold damage in your home.
There are dark spaces in many homes and businesses with poor air circulation and high humidity which can become home to microbial growth. When these areas give a foothold to mold growth it can become a launch pad for the microbes into the rest of your home. We can help if you suspect or know this is occurring and protect your property from deterioration caused by microbial growth.
Our technicians employ several techniques and knowledge to investigate possible mold growth in buildings. Searching for elevated moisture content of the materials is an effective way to locate mold in closed off areas since mold needs moisture to grow.
This can also help pinpoint where a moisture intrusion is occurring which is important in order to prevent future damage and mold growth. Another technology we employ is thermal cameras in order to evaluate large areas of structures quickly for moisture intrusion.
Once we identify mold our focus in our remediation process is physically removing the mold and cleaning the remaining materials. We do this using HEPA equipment and EPA registered cleaning materials to ensure the highest quality process we can possibly provide.
If you are concerned about mold in your home schedule an inspection by calling us today (316) 684-6700.
Why should you use a Remediator for your Mold Project?
Here we see an Andover home which had a water damage which wasn't addressed. While the mold was throughout the basement this was the thickest area.
Any home is susceptible to mold growth especially in areas of the home where water is commonly used such as kitchens, bathrooms, or laundry rooms. Sometimes you can see the mold growing and sometimes there is just a musty odor or symptoms commonly experienced by people sensitive to mold. When should you call a mold remediation professional?
SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita is the restoration and remediation leader in Wichita, Andover and Derby for nearly 20 years and we have gathered a lot of experience working with mold in that time. Sometimes when the mold you have is less than 10 square feet it is ok to do it yourself if you use the proper safety equipment and tools.
Even then if you don’t know why the mold grew in the first place you could see it back again in a few weeks stronger than before. The risk with improper remediation is putting the spores into the air by simply wiping mold or removing drywall. Even using bleach or other chemical cleaners is not good enough because even dead mold can be toxic.
Calling a professional remediator like SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita a call offers several advantages:
- Identify the source of growth: since we are also a water restoration company we are already trained and equipped with what we need to identify where water is coming from, what materials are wet and what needs to be done to correct the water intrusion.
- Proper Containment: when necessary we set up an airtight containment which will prevent mold from migrating from the area we are performing work to the rest of your home
- Air Scrubbers: sometimes employed to create negative pressure to prevent mold migration keep the air clean by sucking in and filtering mold particles. It also keeps our technicians safe and continue to run for 48 hours after remediation is complete.
- Experience: With nearly 20 years working for Wichita under our belt we can offer many solutions to the problems you are experiencing.
- Licensed and Insured: We are certified and licensed for mold work and our work comes with a 2 year warranty which transfers between owners. So if you are selling your home and have a buyer nervous about mold this is an excellent solution.
Give SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita a call today at 316-684-6700 and we can get started on an inspection and estimate today!
Is Mold A Problem For Your Wichita Home?
Mold can spread through a home in Wichita in as little as 48 hours.
Mold exists as microscopic spores that occur naturally both indoors and outdoors across the whole country. This means that it is not possible for a home or business to complete rid itself of all mold spores which is why restoration experts understand that mold remediation reduces the count of mold spores down to its baseline level. There are restoration companies that say their “mold removal” guarantees to remove all mold from your home or business but that simply is not possible especially when you consider that:
- Mold naturally occurs indoors and outdoors nearly everywhere.
- Microscopic mold spores drift through the air and can enter homes and business through AC/Heating systems, doors, windows, or even by landing on people or pets going.
- Mold is able to robustly grow when exposed to moisture and that growth can turn into colonies that may produce irritants and allergies.
- When treating mold step one is to insure that the initial source of moisture which allowed a colony of mold to grow has been stopped so that the mold will not return.
- Often times you may be tipped off to the presence of mold by the musty odor that it often produces.
- Even having high humidity in your home or business can lead to mold growth. Keep it in check by maintaining indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. We do free inspections and estimates in the Wichita, Andover, Derby and surrounding areas.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (316) 684 – 6700.
Got Mold in Wichita?
The mold growth seen in this Wichita, KS home was not due to any intrusion of water. It was simply left empty with nothing to bring down the humidity.
We excel at mold remediation here at SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita especially when it comes to mold in crawlspaces. We have the training and experience to quarantine the infestation, filter the potentially harmful spores out of the air, remove the contaminated materials, and help prevent future microbial growth all with a transferable warranty on our work for 2 years.
Mold in your workplace or home?
Imagine you were getting something out of a utility closet at work, and you found mold growing on the back wall. Maybe a pinhole leak from a pipe created an ideal situation for mold to grow in this closet. With the HVAC system in such close proximity it risks taking the mold spores in the air and spreading them throughout the office. We can help you identify the leak if necessary and once the leak has been stopped we can begin our remediation work to ensure healthy air for your employees and customers to breathe.
Quarantining and Filtering the Mold
When our SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita professionals begin a mold remediation project step one is to block off the rest of the building from the mold. The visible mold is gross to look at but because mold releases microscopic spores into the air it can negatively affect people’s health when they breathe those spores.
Each job is different but in most cases our SERVPRO mold mitigation team will set up containment and create negative pressure with our air scrubber. This simply means that the mold spore infested air in the work area doesn’t migrate out of the contained area because air is being sucked into the affected area rather than being blown out.
Removing Materials Contaminated with Mold
Drywall, carpeting, ceiling tiles, and other organic materials are ideal footholds for mold when they are wet. Typically they must be removed in the mold remediation process especially when the mold has started to deteriorate them. This is why it is best to contact us immediately when a water damage occurs because it is much safer and cheaper to take care of a water problem than a mold problem. Removing these materials will cause the spores to be put in the air which is why we use containment, negative pressure, air scrubbers and pre-treatment methods before removing contaminated materials.
Stopping Mold from Reoccurring
Even though we have been remediating mold here in Wichita for nearly 20 years we cannot say for certain mold will never take hold again. Mold exists in non-significant amounts everywhere and if those spores find the right temperature, moisture and nutrient source there is always a chance mold may start growing again. Since we methodically follow industry guidelines on mold remediation we reduce the chances of that happening to as close to 0 as humanly possible.
Call SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita for Mold Today!
If you see mold in your business or home make us your first call at 316-684-6700. We offer free inspections, free estimates and free advice on how to handle your situation. Our free estimates even apply to getting into crawlspaces and attics!
Does Your Wichita Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Wichita mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere indoors and out. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –316-684-6700